With offices in eight countries around the globe, awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: Innovations in 2020. It is not until one considers the problems that are associated with using conventional binocular microscope technology, that you realise how clever eyepiece-less optical technology really is.
No stranger to technological innovation, using advanced ergonomic designs for user comfort, operators are more relaxed for longer, and are thus more productive in their work – visual inspection of objects is faster, reducing cost and waste in the various business sectors that use them.
With sales of the company’s innovative products outstripping its previous office and manufacturing space, the decision was made to design a purpose-built manufacturing plant to cope with product demand. At the same time the company would need to ramp up its IT infrastructure, to support its new growth globally.
The business faced several key technical and organisational challenges to the implementation of a successful IT infrastructure. Key to this was the lack of ability to share resources across the branches, designing an infrastructure that would fulfil all the three phases of the company’s growth plan.
- legacy network infrastructure unable to cope with envisioned new office build, and accelerated company growth
- How to streamline the company’s processes to accept a full outsourcing solution for a global company
- The ability to share data across the various offices; Italy, France, US, Germany, India, Japan, Indonesia and China
- Improve Internet connectivity
Using innovative solutions
- Network architects reviewed the current IT infrastructure layout, designed an outline implementation for new systems to be extended into the new building
- A refresh of IT hardware included new storage area network, but leveraging the best of both on-premise and cloud solutions
- Upgrade to a 1Gbps leased line solution and 10Gbps internal back bone
- Implementation of a more secure, global method of sharing data
- Migration to Microsoft 365, introduction of Microsoft Teams across all users
- In preparation of a global IT strategy roll out – the need for onsite resources – 2 CNC team members, share managed with the company’s IT manager
- Cyber Essentials accreditation
- Proactive account management review meetings
“The service that CNC have provided for our IT is outstanding, they are always willing to go the extra mile. From the point we started working together, they have performed well, looking after our IT along with extending this more recently with an onsite-support presence.
They really think things through, considering all the issues that you might face, and if problems arise resolve them quickly. All of the projects they have undertaken for us have taken the business forward, they have always delivered on time and on budget. Very professional.”
MG – IT Systems Manager
Vision Engineering in line with their expansion plans, have moved their IT systems into the 21st century. With phase 1 and 2 now complete, the company now enjoys seamless IT integration between the branches around the globe.
See what the fuss is about and have a look through our comprehensive list of services.
- Outsourced IT Solutions
- Business Broadband
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- IT Infrastructure Consultancy
- IT Hardware & Software Suppliers
- IT & Cyber Security
- Switching IT Support Partners
- Endpoint Protection
- Cloud & Hosting
- Cyber Security Training
- Patch Management
- Offsite Data Backup
- Apple Mac Support
- Bespoke Software Design
- Email Archiving
- Remote Working
- Microsoft 365 Solutions
- Microsoft Azure Consultancy
We are always open for a chat so get in touch to find out how we can help.