Shoreham Port’s heritage can be traced back to 1760. Since the Port’s inception it has been a major economic driver for Sussex and the southeast region. As a trust port their purpose to this day remains to shape and maintain the Port for the benefit of all stakeholders. The Port’s role throughout the years has always been to embrace change or be the causation to create change.
As a modern-day working port, this forward-thinking ideology hasn’t changed. Commercial cargoes arrive daily from the UK and Europe, namely timber, steel, oil, aggregates and grain. It is a thriving centre for fishing vessels and local leisure boats and is a hub for a diverse business community of over 150 businesses and entrepreneurs. With that in mind, the team at Shoreham Port look to provide the very best experience for their customers, local communities and for their team who deliver their outstanding services.
An award-winning port with a clear vision about its business future, Shoreham Port always makes the most of sustainable business methods. As part of their continued improvement strategy, the Port team endeavoured to achieve their Masterplan goals through an outsourced IT solution.
With so many moving parts to the Port’s operations, could an IT company, independent of the Port, support such an ambitious IT strategy for the 21st century, bringing sites across the Port together and providing seamless internet connectivity for both its users and customers?
- A complex network architecture given its location
- Single fibre broadband internet connection
- Problematic partial wifi signal across the Port’s two key sites
- 2 operating areas, south and north of canal – unable to share data information
- Two phone & two email systems
Lady Bee Marina
- Provide full Wireless infrastructure to assist ship unloading/loading
- Installed fibre optic cable under the canals and throughout the Port to make a single wireless link for both sides
- Installation of 1000Mb leased line with integrated redundancy for 24×7 operation
- Reduce IT hardware from 6 to 2 servers
- New server hardware to include full redundancy to ensure continued Port operations
- Remote desktop environment for remote working.
- Migration of voice services to Microsoft Teams voice
“Working closely with CNC, Shoreham Port has been able to improve our IT security, transform and upgrade our IT Infrastructure and implement a robust fully redundant IT infrastructure. CNC has assisted in enabling us to provide a flexible approach to the provision of a broad range of IT services across the many different business operations involved in running a busy Port.
The Port’s systems operate in a challenging environment that is considerably more complex than a normal business; with Marine, Property and Cargo systems, as well as the usual business applications such as Financial and Office provisions.
The implementation of Microsoft Office 365 and Teams as well as Remote Desktop has changed the way we work at the Port, increasing operational efficiency, benefiting all stakeholders.
The CNC Portal simplifies the onboarding and leavers process and removes the administration overhead of provisioning IT services. The Portal also provides a “single pane of glass” for tracking support cases, contracts and review documentation which includes useful support statistics.
By providing remote working, secure email, and internet access as well as excellent end user support, CNC have been a valuable partner helping Shoreham Port achieve our objectives in line with our Masterplan.”
Toby Elliott, Head of IT & Innovation at Shoreham Port
As a result of the consultation, Shoreham Port have been able to transform and upgrade their IT Infrastructure in line with their Masterplan. This has not only improved the customers’ and the Port teams’ experience, but has helped increased productivity, as well as reduce the amount of IT issues, running costs and other charges that come with downtime.
See what the fuss is about and have a look through our comprehensive list of services.
- Outsourced IT Solutions
- Business Broadband
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- IT Infrastructure Consultancy
- IT Hardware & Software Suppliers
- IT & Cyber Security
- Switching IT Support Partners
- Endpoint Protection
- Cloud & Hosting
- Cyber Security Training
- Patch Management
- Offsite Data Backup
- Apple Mac Support
- Bespoke Software Design
- Email Archiving
- Remote Working
- Microsoft 365 Solutions
- Microsoft Azure Consultancy
We are always open for a chat so get in touch to find out how we can help.