Enhanced systems, increased online sales, new marketplaces.
This family-owned organisation has, for more than two decades, faced seasonal internal IT problems in supplying its beautiful, personalised gift items to its customers.
Creating global sales on a variety of sales platforms, finding customers has never been a problem for the company as the reputation and quality of its goods sell themselves. Such was the importance of sales generated in the six-week period up to Christmas, the management and sales teams were caught up managing IT problems instead of producing more orders.
IT problems impacted the ability for production to keep up with demand, forcing the company to increase order turnaround times.
Their internal IT systems had become the problem and not the solution to profitability, because of a complex combination of hardware and software issues, that acted as a limiting factor to their growth as a business.
Personalised gifts as unique you.
A complex, inefficient IT infrastructure on-premise creating lots of downtime. Coupled with a lack of trust in IT support, created by the previous supplier, that IT can work, and scale to their company vision.
- A complex server architecture on premise
- 3 servers operating 7 virtual servers running storage area network
- Near expiration server warranties
- Low spec tech used as a server
- Antivirus not employed fully across the estate
- Single fibre broadband internet connection
- Slow running applications
- Poor wifi signal across the workplace
- Faulty cabling or UPS protection
- Basic spam protection
- Expensive back-up solution
The personalised touch from Duncan Stewart
- Loan server installed, to reveal IT issues before company’s investment and prove the concept
- Rationalise systems, and hardware migration to one server
- All systems transferred to managed back-up solution
- New server installed with solid SSD Drives for superfast loading
- Re-cabled the office, UPS added to networked systems
- Installation of faster leased broadband line, with secondary line for failover
- Managed Antivirus software installed on new server and all workstations
- Director led proactive account management with regular, structured review meetings
- Migration to 365 business premium for increased spam protection
“CNC reported the issues in our current system clearly and earned our trust quickly during implementation of the changes. We have seen improved stability in the system and our ordering system coped with more orders than any previous year being able to output over 27% more orders in the 6 weeks prior to Christmas, our busiest yet, with IT no longer being a limiting factor”
CB – Financial Controller
The company installed the new systems just weeks before the Christmas period.
Thanks to their trust in the new network configuration, the company enjoyed a 3-to-4-fold increase in orders on the system, without it causing them any problems.
See what the fuss is about and have a look through our comprehensive list of services.
- Outsourced IT Solutions
- Business Broadband
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- IT Infrastructure Consultancy
- IT Hardware & Software Suppliers
- IT & Cyber Security
- Switching IT Support Partners
- Endpoint Protection
- Cloud & Hosting
- Cyber Security Training
- Patch Management
- Offsite Data Backup
- Apple Mac Support
- Bespoke Software Design
- Email Archiving
- Remote Working
- Microsoft 365 Solutions
- Microsoft Azure Consultancy
We are always open for a chat so get in touch to find out how we can help.