A truly wondrous experience, with a little help from IT.
Drusillas Park attracts some 370,000 visitors a year to its 10-acre site. Since 1925, more than 1500 animals including Red Pandas, Rainbow Lorikeets, Cotton-Top Tamarins and many other exotic animals all share their home situated in the middle of the beautiful East Sussex countryside.
‘Drusillas’, as it affectionately known to all that visit, is full of wonder and amazement. Open 362 days of the year and with more than 200 species of animals to meet super close up, it is fascinating place, where you can learn lots about some of the amazing animals we share the planet with.
However, because of the Parks rural location, the area had such poor internet coverage it was difficult for visitors to find out more about the animals using a mobile device or by using the parks current wifi service.
Nor was it easy for Drusillas to support the various concessions around the Park without a decent internet connection.
The Park’s internal wifi network was not in a position to cope with the curious demand and would often seize up or breakdown, which was a nuisance to both customers and for the team at Drusillas.
It was time to upgrade.
With an ageing network infrastructure that had not been installed as a singular solution, the system had become very complicated to troubleshoot, plus much of the tech was now near end of life.
- How could the wifi be made to cover such a size of site, useful to the demands of both customer and more than a 100 staff?
- The guest wifi, CCTV, alarm, data & phones were all on separate physical networks supported by 3 different companies
- With the Park expanding its attractions all the time, and with more customers young and old looking to learn more over the network, internet and system issues could result in prolonged outages
- Ticketing and concessions sales could be reduced because of lack connectivity
- The Park also wanted to extend the customers experience of the park using AR (Augmented Reality) in the future
- Future proofing the network to allow for additional services such as CCTV and a new phone system to be run across the same network
Wifi park wide superfast scalable internet connection
- Installed a fibre leased line connection that provides a superfast and scalable internet connection into the Park
- Designed a custom built network solution – that is both simple and scalable
- Provided complete wifi coverage for guests and staff across the entire park area
- Installation of 30+ wireless access points placed throughout the park using a mixture of outdoor and indoor fully weatherproof devices
- PoE (power over ethernet) devices powered by network switches to reduce the IT footprint
- Implemented an improved network topology, including the virtual separation of staff data, and guest wireless traffic across the infrastructure
- Fully monitored and managed solution 24/7/365
“CNC have provided us with brilliant support and project development in the 5+ years we have been working with them. Their service desk engineers provide very quick SLA’s and are extremely effective with troubleshooting. The project team have conducted multiple upgrades and enhancements to our on-site I.T infrastructure and we are very happy with their output and professionalism”
OS, Deputy Managing Director
The installation now makes for a much more engaging experience for the Park’s customers, as well as for the team. It is more secure, greatly simplified and the new network is supported by a single company. The park now has complete wifi coverage throughout the site.
See what the fuss is about and have a look through our comprehensive list of services.
- Outsourced IT Solutions
- IT & Cyber Security
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Switching IT Support Partners
- Remote Working
- Microsoft 365 Solutions
- Cloud & Hosting
- Apple Mac Support
- Microsoft Azure Consultancy
- Bespoke Software Design
- IT Infrastructure Consultancy
- Business Broadband
- Cyber Security Training
- Telephony & VOIP
- Offsite Data Backup
- Patch Management
- IT Hardware & Software Suppliers
- Endpoint Protection
We are always open for a chat so get in touch to find out how we can help.